Summer is almost over, so you must hurry up if you want to experience all of the fun activities you dreamed of during winter. Don’t let the sunny days slip away: it’s time to start prioritizing your happiness and pack the most enjoyment into each summer day.
This ultimate end-of-summer bucket list will give you a few ideas on what activities and projects to add to your calendar before the end of the season, and how to earn free gift cards along the way.
Idea #1: Schedule a Picnic with Friends
Of all summer activities, a picnic in the park is the easiest to pull off. Invite your friends, pack snacks and refreshments, grab a blanket and go. Luckily, most of the yummiest picnic snack options are conveniently packed, so you just grab them and go.
In need of some snack-spiration? Consider these fun picnic meal ideas:
- Guacamole and chips are a perfectly crunchy and spicy combo that is easy to enjoy on a picnic. If you haven’t already, you must try Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips with your guac. It’s one of the most delicious gluten-free tortilla chip options!
- Fruits and berries are easy to pack and nutritious for your body. The only potential issue is that you must pre-wash your snacks at home and pack them accordingly. Stasher Silicone Reusable Storage Bags or Berry Container with Strainer from Amazon are two efficient options to keep your produce fresh while on a picnic.
- Popcorn is not what you immediately think of when it comes to picnic meals, but this easy snack is low in calories and tastes so good! Sour Cream and Onion Crisps by PopWorks is an easier-to-grab popcorn size (these are shaped as crackers) that you could pair with your favorite dips.
- Pasta salad is always a party favorite, but did you know some pasta even has protein? A beloved pasta brand Barilla offers a selection of plant protein pasta that provide a great source of protein while keeping the classic taste.
When heading to a picnic, don’t forget about refreshments: Pure Leaf iced tea is an excellent no-sugar option, Starbucks iced coffee is something you’ll need in the morning, Aquafina bottled water is always handy to have, or a Naked Juice smoothie that could be a vitamins-packed meal in itself.
Idea #2: Get That Swimsuit On for a Beach or Pool Day
The last time we checked, Vitamin Sea was free! Not every state has access to the ocean or water, but almost every town has a city pool or water activity available. Even if you must travel, consider spending at least a few hours in the sun, enjoying water activities, and a moment of pure relaxation.
To make your beach or pool day more efficient, consider these handy supplies:
- A colorful beach umbrella by SunnyLife (available on Amazon) is a timeless investment that looks chic and high-quality.
- A set of four beach towels from Amazon come in four fashionable colors.
- A thermo-case for your phone so it doesn’t overheat at the beach.
- A compact and fashionable cooler by Igloo works as a beach and picnic option; most importantly, it comes in a trendy pink hue!
- An oversized float by Funboy is the most instagrammable investment to ensure your day-at-a-pool photos come out better than ever.
Idea #3: Plan a Weekend Getaway
You don’t have to fly far away to get that refreshing change of scenery. A quick staycation or a weekend getaway trip will give you that boost of energy and satisfy your wanderlust.
- Rent a cabin with a mountain view to enjoy cooler weather and potential encounters with wildlife. Websites like Airbnb, Vrbo, and Getaway offer plenty of cabin rental options, including last-minute deals.
- Explore your city by booking a stay at one of the last-minute hotel aggregators like HotelTonight, Booking.com, and Hotwire. Remember that you might be eligible to book a hotel with your credit card points which means no out-of-pocket expenses for a staycation.
- Don’t mind a longer commute? Find the cheapest flight rates with SkyScanner and CheapFlights.com or by selecting the “flexible dates” option with your airplane company. On Twitter, @TheFlightDeal and @SecretFlying accounts share hourly updates on cheap flight destinations.
- Find more money-saving travel tips from Fetch
Idea #4: Organize an Ice-Cream Tasting Party
Ice cream is the ultimate summer dessert, and it’s a must to get a scoop before the end of summer. Invite friends over for an ice cream party to turn your ice cream tasting into an experience. Style your tablescape with some affordable Amazon table decor finds. Put on ice cream truck music just for fun, and have a fantastic experience with your friends and family.
When planning your ice cream party, consider these delicious options:
- Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby is a fun twist to a vanilla malt ice cream with chunks of fudge-covered pretzels and peanut butter swirls.
- If you love M&Ms and ice cream, why not combine two classic flavors in one dessert? Breyers M&M’s Minis Caramel Fudge is a kids-favorite treat that tastes oh-so-good.
- Talenti Pacific Coast Pistachio Gelato is the flavor you can’t get enough of. Expertly blended to a perfectly smooth consistency, this decadent gelato will become everyone’s favorite in no time!
- If you are lactose intolerant, try Ben & Jerry’s Netflix & Chilll’d dairy-free ice cream. This peanut butter dessert infused with sweet and salty pretzels and fudge brownies is so decadent you won’t believe it’s a lactose-free option.
- Crave some chocolate? Try Magnum Non-Dairy Hazelnut Crunch Bar, and you’ll never crave a regular chocolate bar again. This hazelnut ice cream is so decadent: your taste buds will thank you for exploring this tasty flavor.
Idea #5: Volunteer for a Good Cause
How about doing some good in your community? Before the end of summer, try scheduling some volunteer opportunities for you and your family. Websites like Volunteer Match, JustServe, and DoSomething.org can help you find amazing causes.
If you want to help someone financially, consider redeeming your Fetch app award points as a donation to one of the following good causes:
- American Cancer Society is dedicated to helping people who face cancer.
- American Red Cross provides emergency assistance and disaster relief in the United States.
- UNICEF USA provides humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
- Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that helps people in your community and around the world build or improve a place they can call home.
- And more – just check the app to see the full list
While going through your summer bucket list and enjoying all of the fun activities, don’t forget to save your receipts and snap them into the Fetch app. By doing so, you will earn points for free gift cards — which means you can save money for future fun activities. Wait, did we say “fall bucket list” savings?
To get the app, just hit the buttons or scan the QR code below.
Have a great end to your summer and happy snapping!