You don’t need to wait until New Year to develop healthier eating habits. When it comes to changing your lifestyle for the better, the best time to start is now. Before heading to your next grocery shopping, check out these healthy foods and meal ideas — all eligible for earning Fetch reward points!
La Tortilla Factory Organic Traditional Flour Tortillas
If you are trying to eat fewer carbs, switching from bagels and white bread to tortillas is not a bad idea. Not only are tortillas lower in carbs and calories, but they are also more functional for each meal you prepare. Burritos, tacos, wraps, and rolls are just some of the ideas for serving these yummy and organic tortillas.
Protein meal ideas:
- Breakfast burrito: warm up a tortilla and fill it with scrambled eggs and sautéed vegetables.
- Chicken tacos: load tortillas with pieces of pulled chicken, salsa, and chopped avocados.
- Turkey and avocado wrap: spread some hummus on a tortilla, roll a few slices of turkey, slice some tomatoes, and roll in a wrap.
Sweet meal ideas:
- Peanut butter “sushi”: spread some peanut butter and create a roll; cut into more miniature “sushi” like pieces.
- Chocolate pizza: put some Nutella on, add pieces of fruit or berries of your choice, and
- Greek yogurt rolls: spread some yogurt, add bananas, sprinkle some cinnamon, and roll like a burrito for a quick and yummy breakfast meal.
Whole Foods Organic Chickpea Gluten-Free Shells
There is a stereotype that pasta is an unhealthy meal option. That could be true if you pour tons of butter and cheese. But if you pick your pasta right, it’s a perfect protein-packed meal. This chickpea pasta option contains 21 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber per portion — and tastes exactly like “normal” pasta.
- Mixed veggies pasta: sauté frozen vegetable mix, combine with boiled chickpea pasta, and add tomato pasta for taste.
- Turkey Bolognese: opt in for a lower-fat meat option like a ground turkey when cooking pasta Bolognese.
- Protein Pad Thai: mix protein pasta with sauteed veggies, your choice of protein, coconut aminos (a healthier alternative to soy sauce), and some lime juice.
365 Whole Foods Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
This peanut contains just one ingredient: peanuts. This organic option is as natural as possible compared to many other brands whose nut butters include added sugar and palm oil. While not a meal on its own, peanut butter is a great way to add protein and healthy fat to your diet and make your everyday meals more delicious.
- Dates with peanut butter are a yummy and healthy dessert that is easy to make; cut dates in half, fill with peanut butter and sprinkle cinnamon for taste.
- Apple “cookies”: spread peanut butter on medium-sliced apple rings, and put some dried fruit on top.
- Overnight oats: mix a half-cup of oats with the dairy-free milk of your choice and a tablespoon of peanut butter; leave overnight to reheat in the morning.
Did you know that frozen vegetables preserve all the vitamins and minerals as fresh ones? But you are paying so much less money if picking frozen veggies! Whole Foods offers many affordable organic vegetable options in the frozen island, and you could cook many different meals out of it.
- Potstickers stir-fry: all you need is a pack of frozen veggies, stir-fry sauce, and pre-made potstickers; pre-cook the dumplings, combine with veggies, and stir-fry to completion.
- Slow cooker chicken, veggies, and fries: if you own a slow cooker, combining all the ingredients and bringing them to completion will take at most 20 minutes.
- Chicken veggie soup: sautee veggies with onion and spices, combine with chicken broth and pieces of chicken and bring to boiling; add spices and herbs for flavor.
While shopping for healthy foods at your local supermarket or online, don’t forget to save your receipts and snap them with Fetch. This app allows you to earn reward points toward free gift cards to the retailers you love and shop at. You can also connect Fetch with an Amazon account to collect points too! Stay on top of all the deals on the Discover page of Fetch so you can learn about all the products that will give you higher awards per purchase.