The biggest game of the football season is right around the corner. But with average prices on snacks and beverages up over last year (2022 vs. 2023), scoring deals for your Super Bowl watch party has never been more important.
Luckily, Fetch is here to intercept the best shopping list insights and deliver them straight to your fingertips. Our receipt shopping data has created the ultimate guide to maximizing your Super Bowl viewing party value.
Avoiding The Highest Prices
Just like the best plays, the best parties require a little planning. Using our proprietary data from the Fetch app, we estimate that average individual spending for a football game watch party is up 6.16% since last year. Luckily, we also know where those price increases are coming from, so we can help you steer clear of the biggest hikes.
- Salty snacks are up 10.53% in the past year, so you may want to cut back on the chips and pretzels. That said, if you are planning on serving chips, potato chips are up only $0.04 from 2022 and are the fan favorite.
- Dips and spreads have gone up 5.38% since last year, but avocado dips have actually gone down in price. So, if you’re looking for a cheaper (and healthier) alternative, we suggest scooping up some avocado dip. Soft shell tacos are less expensive too, so you can combine them for the perfect pre-game appetizer.
- Prices in the frozen food category are up, but mozzarella sticks have only seen a modest increase. If you buy them at Casey’s and snap your receipts, you could be thawing out some serious savings.
- Last but not least, for readers 21 and over, Canadian whiskeys and canned flavored malt beverages are down a whopping 15% since last year. We’ll toast to some sippable savings.
Want to know which products are most popular? Once again, our insights have the answers.
Each of the following brands has seen an increase in purchases over the past few weekends of the playoffs, suggesting they’re the trending with football game viewers:
- Trending alcoholic beverages: Corona and Michelob Ultra
- Trending non-alcoholic beverages: Pepsi and Mountain Dew
- Trending cheeses: Velveeta and Cheez Whiz
- Trending tortillas and wraps: La Banderita
- Trending dips and spreads: Tostitos and Sabra
- Trending popular frozen appetizers: Bagel Bites and Snapps
- Trending salty snack: Lays
Is Your Team In The Big Game? These Drinks are the MVPs In Your State!
For readers 21 and over, we’ve identified the most popular beer, cider, and cocktail brands in both Missouri and Pennsylvania. That means you can customize your drink selection according to your audience.
Beginning with Missouri (purely out of alphabetical order):
- Beer is Bud Light – 14% of all beer purchases
- Cider is Angry Orchard – 76% of all cider purchases
- Cocktail is Jose Cuervo – 33% of all cocktail purchases
- Beer is Michelob Ultra – 15% of all beer purchases
- Cider is (again) Angry Orchard – 73% of all cider purchases
- Cocktail is Malibu – 17% of all cocktail purchases
The good news? Angry Orchard is sure to please fans of either team (provided, of course, they’re on team cider).
Have a High-Scoring Game
Whoever you’re rooting for this coming Sunday, you can enjoy a high-scoring game with Fetch. Just check the app for Offers and brands before you shop, and you’ll be top of your leaderboard in no time.
Start Earning Points Today
Haven’t downloaded the Fetch Rewards app yet? No worries! Click the buttons below or scan the QR code to get started now. Use a referral code to score thousands of extra points.
To refer a friend, all you have to do is open your Fetch app, press the “Me” tab in the bottom right of your screen, and choose “Refer a friend” on the following page.
This will take you to your referral code, which you can share via text, email, or your preferred app. There’s even a pre-written message ready to go!
Danny Carlon (rhymes with “calzone”) is a copywriter at Fetch. He’s written advertising for everything from Jack Daniel’s to Poise, at agencies like FCB, Digitas, and Spark Foundry.