For many, Black Friday is what pulls them out of bed after a long day of feasting with friends and family on Thanksgiving. Turkey coma is real.
It’s the busiest shopping day in America, with nearly every retailer offering notable savings to kick off the holidays. Keep reading to learn a bit of history about the country’s biggest day of deals, along with how Fetch can help you maximize your savings this holiday shopping season.
When is Black Friday this year?
Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving. This year, Black Friday is November 24, 2023.
How many days until Black Friday 2024?
If you haven’t started mapped out your holiday shopping plan yet, now is the time to do so because Black Friday 2024 will be here before you know it. For those wondering how long until Black Friday, the answer is a resounding, “Not long!” Our Black Friday countdown clock will help you track how many days are left before the biggest shopping day of the year.
How did Black Friday get its name?
In the 1960s, Philadelphia police officers used the term “Black Friday” to describe the congested streets and stores the day after Thanksgiving. In the ’80s, the day became synonymous with retailers’ financial shift from “in the red” (losses) to “in the black” (profits) thanks to this massive shopping surge.
Boost your Fetch points balance for Black Friday
There’s only a couple weeks until Black Friday arrives, but that’s plenty of time to earn some extra Fetch points to help fund your shopping adventures. Here are a few tips to maximize your Fetch points ahead of Black Friday.
Shop your offers in the Fetch app
There’s no faster way to max out your Fetch points than by taking advantage of your in-app offers. Offers can earn you thousands of points for a single purchase, and you can stack as many as you’d like on a single receipt. Find offers personalized just for you on the Discover page in the app.
Buy brands in the app
You’ll earn points for every dollar spent on hundreds of brands in the app. This is a great way to earn more on every purchase, even if you’re not redeeming a specific offer. Check out the Brands tab to see all your point-earning brands.
Bring friends to Fetch
Did you know that you can earn points by referring friends to the app? When they sign up using your referral code and snap a receipt, you’ll both get points. Share your code or QR code as many times as you’d like. Find your code on your My Account page.
Pro-tip: Screenshot and print your QR code, put it on your desk at work and earn points while getting paid by your boss.
Redeem your favorite Fetch gift card rewards early
Once your points balance is sufficiently boosted, it’s time to redeem your points for free gift cards. There are hundreds of rewards to choose from in the app. It takes 3 days for gift card redemptions to process, so be sure to plan ahead, so your rewards are ready to be used on Black Friday.
Shop these Black Friday sales with your gift cards
Wondering where to find the best Black Friday deals in-store while also saving big by using your free gift cards from Fetch to shop? All of the retailers below offer can’t-miss Black Friday deals every year, and each one of these stores also has gift cards available on Fetch.
Best Buy Black Friday deals
Tech lovers, take note. Best Buy’s Black Friday sale has some killer deals on all things electronic, from smartphones and tablets to smart home tech and appliances. Get ready to score big savings on:
- JVC – True Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones – $34.99 (was $69.99 – save $35)
- Bella Pro Series – 9-qt. Digital Air Fryer with Dual Flex Basket – $69.99 (was $179.99 – save $110)
- LG – 48″ Class A2 Series OLED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV – $549.99 (was $1,299.99 – save $750)
- HP – Envy 2-in-1 15.6″ Full HD Touch-Screen Laptop – $649.99 (was $1,049.99 – save $400)
- GE – 5.6 Cu. Ft. Slide-In Gas Convection Range with Self-Steam Cleaning, Built-In Wi-Fi, and No-Preheat Air Fry – $899.99 (was $1,799.99 – save $900)
Target Black Friday deals
Target’s Black Friday sale is a shopper’s paradise. They’ve got awesome deals on everything from home decor and gadgets to pet supplies and fashion. Keep an eye out for doorbusters and exclusive online offers to make your money stretch further, including:
- Gourmia Digital 4-Slice Toaster Oven Air Fryer with 11 Cooking Functions – $39.99 (was $59.99 – save $20)
- Nespresso Vertuo Pop+ Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine – $99.99 (was $129.99 – save $30)
- Beats Solo³ Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones – $99.99 (was $199.99 – save $100)
- HP 14″ Chromebook Laptop – Intel Processor – 4GB RAM Memory – 64GB Flash Storage – $179.99 (was $319.99 – save $140)
- Philips 55″ 4K QLED Roku Smart TV – $289.99 (was $349.99 – save $60)
Kohl’s Black Friday deals
Kohl’s Black Friday event is all about saving big. Whether you’re into clothing, home goods or kitchen essentials, they’ve got you covered with fantastic discounts. Stack your Kohl’s Cash and coupons for extra savings. Kohl’s Black Friday deals are live now, and you can save big on the likes of:
- Men’s Levi’s® 511™ Slim-Fit Flex Jeans – $48.65 (was $69.50 – save $20.85)
- Food Network™ 10-pc. Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set – $64.99 (was $129.99 – save $65)
- Madison Park Frances Tufted Storage Ottoman – $97.99 (was $139.99 – save $78)
- Keurig® K-Iced™ Single-Serve Coffee Maker – $99.99 (was $119.99 – save $20)
- Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System with Auto-iQ – $199.99 (was $229.99 – save $30)
Amazon Black Friday deals
If you’d rather not face Black Friday chaos, Amazon’s Black Friday does not disappoint. They’ve got discounts on just about everything, from gadgets to books and fashion. Keep an eye on lightning deals and Prime exclusives for some serious steals. Start getting ahead of your holiday shopping by browsing Amazon’s Black Friday deals today, and look forward to savings on popular products like:
- Travel Makeup Mirror with Lights w/ 10x Magnifying Round Mirror – $13.99 (was $23.99 – save $10)
- JBL Tune 660NC: Wireless On-Ear Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation – $49.95 (was $99.95 – save $50)
- Fitbit Luxe Fitness and Wellness Tracker with Stress Management, Sleep Tracking and 24/7 Heart Rate – $79.95 (was $129.95 – save $50)
- Bosch PS21-2A 12V Max 2-Speed Pocket Driver Kit – $80.10 (was $119.00 – save $38.90)
- Century® Stroll On™ Duo Lightweight Double Stroller – $174.99 (was $249.99 – save $75)
What are the most-redeemed gift card rewards on Fetch during the fall?
Not surprisingly, the top 4 most-redeemed gift cards on Fetch during October and November reflect people’s Black Friday shopping habits pretty closely, including three of the stores that offer some of the best Black Friday deals and two of the stores that provide shoppers with the needed “fuel” (i.e. caffeine) to brave the Black Friday crowds:
Make Fetch your Black Friday shopping companion
Whichever Black Friday deals you discover this year, we hope your free Fetch gift cards help your money stretch even further. Have fun out there, and good luck!
Chris Zimmerman is a copywriter here at Fetch. Before joining the #FetchFam, he penned web content, TV scripts and more for virtually every brand category you can think of.